1. CONFIRMATION AND ASSIGNMENT OF FUNCTION SPACE: The function space assigned indicates the space is tentatively being held and will be held on a definite basis upon signing of the BEO. The terms and conditions of any group sales or catering sales agreement previously signed regarding this event remain in force and the BEO is intended to provide specific function/event information in support of the original agreement. If for any reason the function space reserved is not available for your event, you agree that we may substitute space of appropriate size and comparable quality for your event. If you plan to print or publish the assigned space, please contact us first to confirm the room assignment.
2. GUARANTEES: The client, or person or party making arrangements on behalf of the client, must submit to the Hotel, no later than 12 noon, three business days (72 hours) prior to the scheduled function, a guaranteed number of guests attending all planned functions. The services, products, fees, etc. as noted will be provided at the time of your event and you will be charged based on the event guarantee that you give us, as long as that number meets your F&B minimum. Guarantees are not subject to reduction.
For events to be held on Sunday and Monday, notification of expected attendance must be submitted no later than 12 noon on the preceding Thursday. For functions to be held on Tuesday, notification of attendance must be submitted no later than 12 noon on the preceding Friday. For functions to be held on Wednesday, notification of attendance must be submitted no later than 12 noon on the preceding Monday. In some instances, more advanced notice of attendance may be required due to menu complexity, holidays, delivery or other constraints. Additionally, menu selections received within 14 days of an event will be subject to a 10% increase on current period published banquet menu pricing.
3. GUARANTEE INCREASES: Within a 72-hour period of the event, the guarantee can be increased up to 3% above the guarantee. Any additional increases on the day of the event will be subject to an additional $2.00 per person charge.
4. CANCELLATION: You may cancel this Agreement only upon giving written notice to us. The parties agree and understand that in the event of a cancellation, our actual damages would be difficult to determine. Therefore, you agree to pay the liquidated damages outlined in your sales agreement, if any, or the guarantee amount as set forth in paragraph 2, whichever is greater. As products and services must be purchased and scheduled in advance, notification seven (7) business days or less before the event will require all charges (including labor and service fees, rentals and applicable taxes) for the final guarantee or contracted number of guests will be charged. Additional damages may be owed for cancellation of your sleeping room contract.
5. PAYMENT: Payment shall be made in advance of the function, unless approved credit has been established with the Hotel. Any balance due on a direct bill account must be paid within thirty (30) days after the group’s final departure. A service charge of one-and-one-half percent (1.5%) per month is added to any unpaid balance over thirty days old.
6. LABOR CHARGE: If the guaranteed number for your event is less than twenty (20)persons, we will add a $50 labor charge to your account. This will be used to cover our costs of the event and will not be distributed as a service charge or gratuity to our employees working at your event.
7. OVERTIME: You agree to begin your event promptly at the scheduled start time and agree to have your guests, invitees, and/or other persons vacate the designated event space at the end time indicated on the final BEO. You further agree to reimburse us for any overtime wage payments or other expenses incurred by us if you fail to comply with these regulations. (Overtime fees start at $150.00 per hour.)
8. TAXES & SERVICE CHARGE: You agree to pay, in addition to the prices agreed upon, all Federal, State, District Taxes, and Service Charges that may be applicable. Taxes are currently 8% and Service Charges are currently 24%. All Service charges will be distributed to servers, bussers and/or bartenders assigned to the Event.
9. PRICE INCREASES: There may be increases in prices due to unforeseen changes in market conditions at the time of your event. We will communicate these increases to you in advance. We will require written confirmation that you agree to pay these increased prices. Alternatively, in such event, you may choose to avoid higher prices by having the chef make reasonable substitutions in menus and you must agree to accept such substitutions.
10. STANDARD SET: The standard banquet set is 66” rounds of 10 people each. The standard classroom, u-shape, or conference set is 3 people per 6’ table. A service charge may apply if tables are set for less than the standard numbers. For all events, we will only set a maximum of 10 people over the final guarantee.
11. SET CHANGES: Any onsite room set changes are subject to a $150 reset fee.
12. OUTSIDE FOOD AND BEVERAGE: You must obtain prior approval from us before you bring in any food or beverages from outside sources. A Hold Harmless Agreement and Liability Insurance are required if food or beverage products not purchased and served by hotel staff are brought in for consumption by your guests. Service fees will apply to any outside food or beverage served in our function space regardless if hotel labor is required.
13. SPECIAL MEAL ORDERS: Special Meals are defined as those meals requested in addition to the principal menu, either contracted in advance or at the time of service. Special meals must be included in the guarantee or actual number, whichever is greater. Some meals (e.g. Kosher meals, etc.) are priced on a case by case basis.
14. SECURITY: The Hotel will have a security officer on property 24 hours a day and they will conduct periodical checks on the evening rounds to ensure the doors are secured. The Hotel assumes no liability for items left unattended in meeting and public areas prior to, during or following the Client’s function. Group does not have an office during their stay. Please contact your Event Service Manager as soon as possible if you feel that your group will require additional security (e.g. high profile guests, expensive equipment, etc.). Your Event Manager will be happy to work with the Hotel’s Director of Security to coordinate any of these additional needs. All charges related to these needs will be the sole responsibility of your organization and will appear on your master account.
15. CONDUCT OF EVENT: Group agrees to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws including health and safety codes and federal anti-terrorism laws and regulations, and our rules, copies of which are available from the hotel’s sales department. Group agrees to cooperate with Hotel and any relevant governmental authority to ensure compliance with such laws. You assume full responsibility for the conduct of all persons in attendance at your event and for any damage done to any part of our premises during the time of your event. Should you require any rigging services for this event, all such services must be arranged through the in-house AV provider or the Hotel and you will be responsible for all costs associated therewith.
16. FIRE SAFETY: You agree to obtain at your own expense and provide copies to the hotel of any and all necessary licenses, permits or approvals for your event, including, but not limited to, licensing, Fire Marshall, Health Department, or other permits.
17. PROMOTIONAL CONSIDERATIONS: We have the right to review and approve any advertisements or promotional materials in connection with your function which specifically reference the Hilton name or logo.
18. DAMAGE: Client agrees to be responsible for any damages done to Hotel equipment, goods or facilities during the function caused in whole or in part by the Client, his/her guests, employees, independent contractors or other agents.